||MGD 415 / MGT 471|
|Final Group Project|
|A short video clip (500
MB) of Prof. Richardson giving a few tips about laying out your project
and some of the things he looks for in marking these types of assignments
|WTGR made a short video
with some tips about using "mature language" when you are composing the
sentances in written assignments.
It is well worth viewing.
|A short video clip from
a student project in April 2008
This clip is something the students made to showcase the features of their invention
this project you will
1. write a marketing oriented Goal for a company selling a product or service, preferrably an IT product or service, or a product or service that services IT
- preferable a product that easily lends itself to marketing in the e-business arena (so don't be thinking about maple syrup)
- it is expected that you will write some reasons and explanation as to how you arrived at the specific wording of the Goal and how it suits the purpose of the company
- it is expected that some considerable reflection and thought will go into the creation of a well worded Goal
2. to reach that goal you
will create several measurable and quantifiable Objectives
- these Objectives will need explanation and you may use web-sourced material to justify your wording of the Objective
- there may also be some research you conduct to substantiate why a particular Objective needs to be achieved
- it should be relatively easy for the reader (me, Prof. Richardson) to understand how the Objectives are measurable and quantifiable
3. those Objectives will
be fulfilled with Plans you create
- a business Plan according to classic marketing is the Marketing Strategy + the time related details
4. the Plans will be affected
by a sequences of Strategies
- according to classic marketing theory, a Marketing Strategy is the 4P's + the Target Market segment
- in order for your plans to have some focus, you need to define your target market segment
- you should also think of strategies in terms of "an organized sequence of action items and activities carried out to accomplish a plan"
- for example, ".. we wanted to achieve a lot of hits on the site but could not pay for banner ads or pay for click throughs so we looked at getting "uniques" through a kewl publicity campaign that piggybacked on...."
- it is expected that you will use considerable imagination and breadth in creating some Strategies
5. the Strategies will be
executed with specific Tactics
- you should explain some tactics in detail and the more specific you can be, comparatively, the better
submit a 2 or 3 page description of progress to date, who is in the group doing what, and convince me you are embarking on something that is "useful and interesting"