Prof. W. Tim G. Richardson
Quotable Quotes of others
- with my comments
The following "quotable quotes" are misc. sources, some I know, some I do not know.
did not create a great empire by having meetings, they did it by killing
all those who opposed them.
- I like this cause I'm a man of action, I hate sitting around while a bunch of Canadians decide all the politically correct ways to handle a problem - just get on with it, or as my son says "get'r done"
- reminds me of another quotable quote - don't ask for advice to often, if you know something is right, just do it, if you ask for advice, chances are someone will say something negative to try to discourage you - and if you don't take their advice their feelings will be hurt
you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat
- Mark Twain
- Twain hit the nail right on the head, most politicians are complete self-serving assholes who's sole job is to get re-elected. The kind of people you'd want as a political leader are the sort of people that would NOT debase themselves to the whorish ass-kissing process one must go through to get nominated, then elected. The fact that someone would subject themselves to this "circus" is indeed proof that politicians are idiots.
err is human To really foul things up requires computers.
- man o man this is true, don't ya just feel technology has the capability to help us, but more than often, it simply serves to massively fuck up our lives with enormous problems
information from the internet is like getting a glass of water from the
- Arthur C. Clarke
Clarke understood the difference between quantity of information and useful information
you are waiting for someone, minutes seem like hours, if you are talking
to a beautiful woman, hours seem just minutes. That is relativity for you.
- which just goes to show you Einstein was a genius because he also understood the "application" of his concepts in the context of everyday life, something which great scientists often have lacking in their personalities, Einstein had a real earthy side to him which makes him one of the most endearing great minds of all time
know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War
IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Albert Einstein
oh ya, he had this one right
is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
I have often thought that organized religion had nothing to do with God, but rather was a way of controlling the masses to behave according to certain edicts which the rulers wanted to proselytize - Christinity is a good example - no matter how bad things get, don't rise up against the master, just take your beating cause when you die you'll go to heaven ; - same thing for Islam, kill yourself as a suicide bomber cause you'll go to heaven - great way to trick people into doing awful things.
is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich
Christian view that all intercourse outside marriage is immoral was, as
we see in the above passages from St. Paul, based upon the view that all
sexual intercourse, even within marriage, is regrettable. A view of this
sort, which goes against biological facts, can only be regarded by sane
people as a morbid aberration. The fact that it is embedded in Christian
ethics has made Christianity throughout its whole history a force tending
towards mental disorders and unwholesome views of life.
- Bertrand Russell
The fact that the two big religions of the world Christianity and Islam, have very twisted and unatural ways of controlling human sexuality, is proof that neither religion deserves to be taken seriously in regards to matters of male/female relations
fun of born-again Christians is like hunting dairy cows with a high powered
rifle and scope.
- P.J. O'Rourke
it's too easy
believe in God; I just don't trust anyone who works for him
who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you
to share yours with them.
- Dave Barry
true, evangelists have no shame thinking it is OK to convert you, but if you try to engage them in conversation to convert them, they react in horror as if such a thing were unthinkable - which makes me think religion is not a matter of right or wrong, it is just a matter of personal opinion
hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral
crisis, maintain their neutrality
common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- Douglas Adams
I love this one, I really love this one
interested in the fact that the less secure a man is, the more likely he
is to have extreme prejudice.
- Clint Eastwood
- my favourite philosopher
stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and
hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill
I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried
on him personally.
It is my personal opinion that the heritage of African slavery will last several more hundreds of years and that this injustice was the single greatest evil on this planet
- the only way someone can understand the evil of slavery is to live like a slave
journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk
for people who can't read.
- Frank Zappa
I peed myself laughing at this one, so true, ever heard those stupid young things when a mic is put in front of them "well you know like, like, I'm just keeping it real, like..."
want to die like my Grandad, peacefully in his sleep, not screaming and
terrified like his passengers.
- morbid, but very VERY funny
very little advice in men's magazines because men don't think there's a
lot they don't know.
Women do. Women want to learn.
Men think, "I know what I'm doing, just show me somebody naked."
- Jerry Seinfeld
statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering
from some form of mental illness.
Think of your three best friends. If they are okay, then it's you.
- Rita Mae Brown
say such nice things about people at their funerals that it makes me sad
that I'm going to miss mine by just a few days
- Garrison Keilor
ya, which leads me to the obvious conclusion, why can't people try harder to say nice things to their close friends and relatives while they are alive
to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion
- Norman Schwartzkopf
for those who still hate the cheese eating surrender monkeys that held back the U.N. endorsement of the war in Iraq
- it may have been wrong to go into Iraq, but the French had the wrong reason, they were just scared, same things when the Germans invaded, and they all surrendered on mass
know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the
best golfer is a black guy, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and
Germany doesn't want to go to war
50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right,
there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
- Andy Rooney
tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds
the universe together
- Oprah Winfrey
rich keep all the money, pay none of the taxes. The middle class pay all
the taxes, do all of the work. The poor... are just there to scare the
shit out of the middle class
- George Carlin
discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing
at the time?
- Billy Connelly
graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands
of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that 'individuality' is
the key to success
- Robert Orben
we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?
- Albert Einstein
committee is a group of people who individually can do nothing but together
can decide that nothing can be done
- Fred Allen
- this goes towards my pet peeve, I hate committees
||CONTACT I MAIN PAGE I NEWS GALLERY I E-BIZ SHORTCUTS I INT'L BIZ SHORTCUTS I MKTG&BUSINESS SHORTCUTS I TEACHING SCHEDULE|
|MISTAKES I TEXTS USED I IMAGES I RANK I DISCLAIMER I STUDENT CONTRIBUTORS I FORMER STUDENTS I|